Immigration Law

La Puente Immigration Lawyers

Helping You Achieve Your American Dream

Any non-U.S. citizens who want to come to the United States – whether for a day or a lifetime – are impacted by immigration laws. This set of laws, governed by Congress, determines who can enter the country and how long each individual is able to stay.

If you’re a non-U.S. citizen hoping to vacation in the U.S. for fewer than 90 days and you’re from one of 37 certain countries, entering the country is relatively simple. Otherwise, you’ll need to apply for and be granted a visa. If you want to visit temporarily, you can apply for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV). If you wish to stay, you’ll need to be approved for an immigrant visa (IV).

The process of applying and being approved for either kind of visa is fairly complex. There are a number of detailed documents involved and a wide range of laws that govern the process. Additionally, because immigration law changes often, even general attorneys are challenged to keep up with the best practices. If you’re interested in temporarily relocating or immigrating to the United States, an attorney with experience in immigration law – like the ones at LG Law Center, Inc. – can prove to be essential.

Contact us at (866) 940-9744 today to request a free initial consultation.

Deferred Action

As a result of recent political dialogues, most people are now aware of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Ultimately, it’s the decision to delay the deportation of an individual.

There are a few key points to know about deferred action:

  • When an individual has been granted deferred action, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will not move forward with any removal proceeding against that individual.
  • While deferred action is in effect, the individual is in the country lawfully. Any periods before deferred action was granted can still be viewed as unlawful.
  • If the individual can show the economic necessity of getting a job while under deferred action, he or she is permitted to find a job.

If you’d like to learn more about deferred action, our La Puente immigration lawyers are here to help.

Family-Based Immigration

There are two different types of family-based visas available to people interested in immigration to the United States: immediate relative immigrant visas and family preference immigrant visas.

Immediate relative immigrant visas are available to people who have an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen. The immediate relative could be a spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, parent, or adoptive parent. The U.S. does not limit how many immediate relative visas can be given out in a certain year.

Family preference immigrant visas are for non-immediate family members of U.S. citizens. You can obtain this visa if you have a family member such as a sibling or married child who is a U.S. citizen. There are numerical limitations on the number of family preference immigrant visas approved each year.

More distant family members – such as aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins – are unable to sponsor individuals for immigration.

If you would like more information about family-based immigration, contact our team at LG Law Center, Inc. We know the types of visas available and can suggest the best family members to sponsor your immigration, giving you the best odds of approval.

U.S. Citizenship

When an individual who was not born in the United States wants to become a U.S. citizen, he or she has two options. If the individual’s parents are U.S. citizens, he or she can apply for derived or acquired citizenship. If not, he or she must apply for naturalization.

To qualify for naturalization, the individual must meet several requirements. If you have been a permanent resident in the U.S. for at least five years or have served in the US military, for example, your naturalization process may be easier.

All individuals who wish to be naturalized have to take a naturalization test, which examines their knowledge of the English language and U.S. history and government.

When you need an immigration attorney in La Puente, choose LG Law Center, Inc. Call us at (866) 940-9744 today.

Reasons to Choose Us

The LG Law Center Experience
  • Respected in Our Community
  • Dedicated Legal Advocates
  • Committed to Our Clients
  • Free Initial Consultations
  • Understanding Representation
  • Hablamos Español

Our Clients Stories

  • “They worked with me to get what I needed to be done fast and efficiently!”

    - Erika D.

  • “Excelente servicio. Me han ayudado en todo lo que era necesario para uno como persona lastimada”

    - M. Martinez

  • “Gracias al abogado que nos ayudó con un caso criminal.. que mi esposo tenía.. muchas!!!”

    - Ashley M.

  • “The LG law center has completely changed it by making us feel comfortable and safe.”

    - Gina S.



  • California Applicants' Attorneys Association
  • The State Bar of California
  • Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
  • Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
  • The Esperanza Education Fund
  • Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia

Contact Us

Schedule Your Free Consultation Today 
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.